Production of the BA-10 armored car began in 1938. The rear hull was equipped with a 45mm and a 7.62mm machine gun on the turret next to the driver. The crew consisted of four men. BA-10's were widely used by the Soviet Army during the War with Finland in 1940 and on the Eastern Front at the beginning of WWII. The German Army captured a great number of BA-10's and used them as command and scouting vehicles.