The SdKfz 7 was a half-track military vehicle used by the German Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS during the Second World War.
Development of the SdKfz 7 can be traced back to a 1934 requirement for an eight-tonne half-track military vehicle. The vehicle first appeared in 1938 and was destined to be used mainly as the tractor for the 8.8 cm FlaK gun and the 15 cm sFH 18 150mm howitzer. The vehicle could carry gun crews of up to 12 men in theatre-type seats. The rear of the vehicle was an enclosed compartment for storage of ammunition. The tractor could tow loads up to 8,000 kg in weight. Most were fitted with a winch.
The kit consists of over 900 parts
- Details finely represented by newly tooled parts
- Individual tracks links
- Rubber tires w/fine detail
- Photo-etched parts included