The Porsche Carrera GT grabbed the world's attention when first unveiled as a concept car at the 2000 Paris Auto Show. Promoted as Porsche"s next-generation flagship super sports car, the Carrera GT was officially unleashed onto the international motoring market in 2003. Incorporating the latest and most extreme racing technology, the Carrera GT lines up against the impressive range of super sports cars offered by the world's top makers, such as the Enzo Ferrari and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. Featuring a powerful 5.7-liter V10 engine, carbon-fiber monocoque chassis, and push-rod suspension all wrapped up in classic Porsche style and elegance, the Carrera GT is the ultimate high-end sports car.
The Carrera GT features superb interior detailing, with even the door interior being assembled from 3 separate pieces. Pieces for the dashboard have also been divided by finishing color, allowing for easy painting without the need for fidgety masking. Even hidden elements come as intricately detailed pieces, such as the brake pedals and side brake between the driver's seat and door.
- 1/24 scale plastic model
- Overall length: 193mm, Overall width: 83mm, Overall height: 49mm
- The rear hood can be opened and closed allowing the display of engine and mechanics even after completion.
- Monocoque chassis and front and rear suspension accurately reproduced.
- Metal plated parts include wheels and exhaust pipe.
- Rear spoiler can be assembled in an opened or closed position.
- Display quality further enhanced by metal transfers used for mirrors and Porsche emblem.
The overall shape and body design have been so accurately reproduced that looking at each curve and groove you can"t help but feel you"re looking at the real thing. In order to accurately reproduce the curve of the mesh engine cover, clear plastic with mesh design decals has been used. Roof panels also come as separate pieces, allowing you to have the choice of an open-top or hardtop model.