The rugged Panzer kampfwagen III was used in all theaters by the German army in WWII and was well-liked due to its reliability. However, the size limitations of the tank"s chassis meant that armament upgrades were limited and its usefulness as a battle tank diminished as the Allies produced more advanced and powerful tanks. With this realization, the final variant of thePz.kpfw.III, the Ausf.N, was modified into an infantry support tank armed with the short-barreled75mm gun from the Pz.kpfw.IV, which was being upgraded with more powerful guns. Beginning from June 1942, 700 of these Ausf.N variants, also known as Sturmpanzer III, were made and were often assigned to independent Panzer Battalions to protect the heavier Tiger tanks. The5mm Schurzen armor skirt modifications were added from the spring of 1943.
- High-quality 1/35 scale assembly model kit of the Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf.N.
- Detailed short-barreled 75mm main gun includes gun breech and parts for 2 types of mantlet.
- Precision-made aluminum parts for main gun barrel.
- Turret features accurately reproduced parts for smoke dischargers.
- 3 types of markings, including one for a tank in North Africa, are included.
- One tank crew figure also included and can be depicted with headphones or signal gun.
- An excellent piece to display with the previously released Sd.Kfz.222 North African Campaign