During World War II, British and Commonwealth armies used a vast number of small-sized, fully tracked weapons carriers, chief among which was the Universal Carrier Mk.II. The compact, open-top vehicle served in a variety of roles on the North African, Italian and West European fronts. A number of variants were constructed, including models mounted with mortars and flamethrowers, however, most machines typically carried a Bren light machine gun. Over 65,000 models were manufactured in Britain, Canada, and other Commonwealth countries, making it one of the most numerous armored vehicles built during WWII.
- 1/48 scale reproduction of Universal Carrier Mk.II to an impressive level of detail.
- Tracks and roller wheels made from a single piece for ease of assembly.
- Suspension coil spring made from the separate part for extra realism.
- Replicates the Mk.IIs distinctive box-like shape and open-top style.
- Includes perfectly detailed accessories like the Bren gun, Enfield rifle and ammo boxes.
- Choice of 4 different markings of Universal Carriers serving in Europe and North Africa.
- Longtime best-seller in the 1/35 scale, we now introduce the popular British Universal Carrier to the 1/48 scale Military Miniature Series. This is our first 1/48 British AFV, and it is a compact and versatile model that is perfect for building dioramas with Tamiya 1/48 accessory sets.