The Boeing 787 is a newly conceived twin jet wide-body aircraft that demonstrates a new level of cost efficiency for the airlines. It is the first commercial airliner with a fuselage constructed mostly of carbon-fiber-reinforced composite materials. Operating costs are 10% lower than those of a Boeing 767, achieved through lower fuel consumption and a 20% saving on weight. Two types of engine are available, the RR Trent 1000 and the GEnx. Its maiden flight took place on 15 December 2009 and delivery is expected by the end of 2011. The airliners order list shows 840 orders for this revolutionary new commercial aircraft.
- Finely structured surfaces with engraved panel joints
- Transparent Parts for the window rows
- Detailed engine nacelles
- Finely detailed rotating Front Fan
- Detailed Undercarriage
- A choice of Extended or Retracted Undercarriage
- Detailed Decal Set for the 2nd Demonstrator Version with Servicing Markings and Stencils